Last Updated: September 7, 2023
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, both when using our Services or shopping in our stores. For example, we collect information when you sign up to receive emails from us, fill out a form or survey, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, join our loyalty program, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, register for classes or events, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, birthday, postal address, zip code, phone number, payment information, survey responses, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information about you when you access or use our Services or shop in our stores, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Transaction Information: When you make a purchase or return or redeem an offer from us, we collect information about the transaction, such as payment details, personal information provided, product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Location Information: With your consent, we may collect precise, real-time location information using beacon or similar technologies. If you initially consent to the collection of this information and later change your mind, you can stop the collection of location information by changing the preferences on your mobile device. We may also derive the approximate location of your device from your IP address.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use different technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and personalize your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to manage and disable them, see Your Choices below or visit allaboutcookies.org.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to mailing list providers and publicly available sources.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and customize your experience with us;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by New Seasons Market and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Provide, maintain and facilitate the Neighbor Rewards Program, which includes creating a secure identifier that links your Neighbor Rewards account to the payment card(s) used to make purchases that are associated with your Neighbor Rewards account;
- Personalize your online experience and the advertisements you see when you use the Services or third-party platforms based on your preferences, interests, and browsing and purchasing behavior and audit your interactions with our online ads, including by counting ad impressions and verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process entries and deliver rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of New Seasons Market and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that may impair existing intended functionality;
- In connection with research and development activities; and
- Carry out other purposes described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, including payment processors and online ordering platforms.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of New Seasons Market or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among New Seasons Market and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used by others to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as social network services). We do not share any of your personal information, including your shopping history, with these platforms. We may convert your email address into a unique value which can be matched with a user on these platforms to allow us to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. These platforms may offer you choices about whether you see customized ads.
New Seasons Market takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- You can stop receiving promotional emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional email you receive from us. You can also stop receiving promotional postal mail by sending an email to email@example.com.
- You may remove payment cards that are linked to your Neighbor Rewards account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from New Seasons Market by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or by following the instructions in those communications.