A small neighborhood market
with a huge heart
Whether you bike, walk or drive to our smallest store, you'll be treated to a store full of character and funky charm. Take a seat at the lunch counter made from a wood beam reclaimed from Daily Grind Natural Foods, which used to stand here. Enjoy a quick bite from the grab 'n go deli or get a cup o' joe to go from the walk-up coffee window. Check out local artist Margaret Kuhn's mosaic panels of the four seasons while you wait. And don't miss the tree plantings and bioswales filled with native plants, which help reduce street noise and improve storm water management.
Coming and going is easy...
- We'll loan you a wagon or Eco Cart to walk your groceries home.
- Traveling by bike? We have more bike racks than parking spots!
- Rooftop parking available. Before you head up the ramp, be sure to look up and check the digital sign for available spaces.
As active members of the neighborhood, you'll find us at the Hawthorne Street Fair and other community festivals throughout the year. We are also active participants in the Hawthorne Business Association. And we love to adorn the walls of our parking deck stairwell with art created by students from neighborhood schools.
As proud supporters of FISH Emergency Services and Loaves & Fishes, the Meals-On-Wheels People, we take donations at the register and also help make weekly deliveries of food and conversation to seniors in our neighborhood.
Looking for a donation for your neighborhood organization?
- Please stop by the store and speak with the Community Coordinator.
- Thanks for all you do to help the Hawthorne community.